ACfA was established to:
- engage all crowdfunding platforms operating on the African continent, providing an inclusive, objective and collaborative space to promote common interests and effective self-regulation;
- educate African consumers, platforms and regulators about crowdfunding in Africa;
- build consensus on key risks and risk mitigants, as well as key benefits from all types of crowdfunding through engaging platforms, individuals, small businesses, regulators, governments, law firms and trade associations;
- build trust and transparency between all actors in the African crowdfunding ecosystem;
- harmonise and align African countries and regions on best industry practices and regulatory frameworks;
- ensure the crowdfunding industry thrives in Africa through maintaining healthy competition.